6.04.2014

Daily Schedule that WORKS for my 9-12 Month Old


My daughter started sleeping through the night around six weeks old, but unfortunately that wonderful streak of sleeping through the night ended around five months old. We tried every schedule we found, we had a daily routine a bedtime routine, and still she would wake up between 1-5 times a night! We tried different natural medicines for teething and made sure she was burped before she went down, but still nothing worked. Sometimes it would take upwards of two hours of rocking her and walking her around to get her to go to sleep {we tried the crying out method, and do not believe in it at all}. Finally around eight months I happened upon another mom's schedule and decided to try something similar. She had her daughter going to sleep between 8:30-9PM instead of 7-7:30PM, which I thought was interesting, because my daughter had  a hard time going to sleep early, so I thought I would try it - it worked wonders!

Here is our current schedule:

8:30/9:00 {Wake Up}
9:00  {5oz Bottle}
10:00 {Breakfast}
10:45/11:00 {Nap, 2oz bottle}
12:15/12:30 {Wake up}
1:00 {Lunch}
2:00 {5oz bottle}
3:00 {Nap, 2oz bottle}
4:00 {Wake up}
4:30 {Snack / Diluted Juice}
6:30/7:00 {Dinner}
7:30 {Bath}
8:00 {Bottle 5oz, Books}
8:30/9:00 {Bedtime, 2oz Bottle}


She finally started sleeping through the night again with this routine! Find what works for your baby, and remember not to compare. I wish I had just tried a later routine earlier, it would have saved a lot of sleep, but I am glad I have one now.


No comments :